cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use composite test to combine different scripts based on different systems?

nick_liu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I met one scenario that customer want to combine two scripts which are based on different systems into one composite test script. For example, I create one sales order on ECC system and then I hand over the order number to another system like CRM.

What I currently find out that if I want to use composite test for this, I need firstly to create two composite tests and each composite contains one script. Then I need to use a third composite test to combine the two composites together and thus I can run the two scripts on different systems. So I'm wondering if there's easy way to use one composite and contains different scripts based on different systems? These systems may not be in one logical component. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Nick

sady_2015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Ajay, this is great information. Thank you. I have a scenario where i need to compare the data between RE5 and RE7 (e.g. post something in RE5 and validate in RE7 that the same data is replicated. Does the above solution that you mentioned apply to this scenario also? is there a better way to automate my scenario? Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I am also in the same phase, i am trying to run CRM test script first and then to run ECC script. I did follow the same step that you have mentioned. But i am wondering after CBTA_GUI_A_LAUNCHANDLOGIN step, how did you handle to run next steps, Did you plug in the recorded script or or did you record the script or did you put the components manually into test script.

Should be appreciated.

Thank you

nick_liu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Kalyan,

By using CBTA_GUI_A_LAUNCHANDLOGIN, you may have to copy all the rest components into your main script.

Best Regards,

Nick