cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would you prefer transaction SNOTE to be designed in the future?

former_member17522
Active Contributor

How would you prefer transaction SNOTE to be designed in the future?

1. Traditional SAP Gui

2. Fiori

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

As you are an SAP employee, can you explain why you ask this question, is it an official SAP question, or is it just a question which reflects only your personal opinion and does not imply any official SAP point of view? 🙂

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

As sandra.rossi already questioned the purpose of your question, we recommend to write a blog post instead, giving more background information and asking for opinions in comments there.

We'll add the link to your blog post here as it's published. Meanwhile, this question will be closed.

For anyone interested to participate the survey, I recommend following this question or carlos.martinezescribano to receive notifications for his blog post. Of course, you would need to adjust your settings for notifications here: #communications

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

k_gorin
Participant

Whatever you do, get rid of manual activities. They are too much trouble for basis people to get right.

Jelena
Active Contributor

In the companies where I've worked so far, any manual activity notes were automatically referred to the developers. It would be very nice to get rid of them though. Hopefully, one day, in Cloud... 🙂

matt
Active Contributor

Years ago, the Basis team decided they had to take responsibility for notes. It was great - we developers did the work, but it was Basis to blame when it went wrong.

It really does only make sense for developers to implement the majority of notes. Basis just don't have the requisite knowledge.

Jelena
Active Contributor

How far of a "future" are we talking about? 2026?

Fiori option would be applicable only since ECC 6.0 EHP6 or so, for prior versions (and yes. there are still quite a few out there, you'd be surprised) this is not even a choice.

Since SNOTE is a backend operation, it seems to make sense to focus on SAP GUI. However, when there is well-developed backend, it should be possible to expose it in any frontend, so why not both?

Not sure I understand the purpose of the question though and, like sandra.rossi , am wondering if this is a personal discussion or an official survey.

former_member17522
Active Contributor

Dear Jelena, Sandra,

We wanted gather the feedback from customers using SNOTE tool for next redesign of the same. This is only an opinion poll and does not mean that these opinions will be final decision. Our developers will evaluate the technical aspects and then take a decision.

Regards,

Carlos

chaouki_akir
Contributor

Traditional SAP Gui (it will be easy to debug, to trace, and to understand what is done behind the scene)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor

Hi Carlos.

Traditional SAPGui.

Regards

SS

matt
Active Contributor

Eclipse plug in.

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure it could be possible, severals objects cannot be opened through Eclipse & I don't know if eclipse could manage the pdf display/download

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PDF display and download could definitely be done.

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos Martinez Escribano,

Generally you might not be having option to create polling option here in SCN. But as far as I understand this is not area in Q&A section, it could fit in SCN Coffee corner discussion.

I agree with Sandra & Jelena as a customer would not raise a OSS ticket with your query & this Q&A platform is like that

As a SAP employee, you probably would have some option to create some Jam links for polling/voting & then provide that to customers for survey

Coming to your actual query, change is good that would mean we are advancing & developing ourselves. But then again comes the query, what is fate of the Companies users who has to implement SAP Note but is restricted on browsers or other platforms, only have SAP GUI to run their daily transactions

Probably with advancement/modification, in Fiori, we can get the dependency Notes or say irrelevant Notes reason, but for now I vote for "SAP Gui" transaction

Thanks,

Kaushik

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos Martinez Escribano,

In addition to all points it would be nice to have feature to have all prerequisites of a note in a tree structure or with a flow chart which can be visualized pictorially.

In case If I have to implement Note 8, so Note 1, Note 2 and Note 5 are perquisites and it can give us the better visibility in sequence of implementation even though SNOTE gives us a pop up with prerequisites during installation.

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanga.prakash why ? just a list is enough, do you really plan to do the good sequence yourself instead of asking SAP to do it ?

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic Girod

List is more than enough, that is the reason I mentioned it as Nice to have feature and not must need.

Also I have noticed in some notes they don't have drill down till the parent note, for example in the picture which I gave, if we open Note 8 information, we expect it should have all the notes Note 5, Note 2 and Note 1 mentioned under prerequisites, but that is not the way for some notes, they have only one level of prerequisite information.

Let's take real SAP note, I could luckily find this case.

In Note 2859721 Check for S4CORE Software Component & PP-MES component, it has 2648652 as prerequisite, and when looking into 2648652, it has another prerequisite 2492719 & 2494799

So I mentioned it will be nice to have everything if we get this flow in note 2859721

p244500
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think best place will be SAP fiori considering SAP road map. But still i prefer if you can keep SNOTE it will be easy to debug and all. It its compatible for all the industrial vertical and product as well.

Regards,

Nawa