Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML View Does not Work in ADT

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running ADT with SAP GUI Java 7.8rev2 on Linux. ADT is using JDK bundled with SAP GUI which is on version 17.6. Basically, everything is on the latest version but I've been experiencing this problem for some time so it's not a new regression. The problem is that HTML viewer does not work when SAP GUI is launched in ADT. E.g. in SE80, I don't see the input box for object selection. It works fine when I am running standalone SAP GUI. I can see that whenever SAP GUI tries to open a view with HTML control, it throws the following exception (shortened):

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error calling java gui URLStreamHandler

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: class com.sap.adt.sapgui.ui.internal.GuiURLStreamHandlerService cannot access a member of class java.net.URLStreamHandler (in module java.base) with modifiers "protected abstract"

I can post the complete exception if needed.

Any idea how to address this problem?

Thanks

View Entire Topic
sratz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I presume you mean Java version 17.6 (actually 17.0.6).

What you are describing is a known issue in the latest version of ADT (version 3.32 at this time).

A fix is planned to be part of the upcoming ADT version 3.34.

Best regards,

Sebastian

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, it's JDK version 17.0.6 that is bundled with the latest SAP GUI for Java. Thanks for the info, hopefully this gets fixed. I just checked and my current ADT version is 3.32.2. If I am not mistaken, the version 3.34 will get released with the next Eclipse release that happens mid March. Is this correct?

Thanks