cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBP Master data deletion using HCI

Hi Experts,

Is there any possibility to delete the master data from IBP before loading the new data. For example, we are loading the BOM data to IBP in two different stagging table BOM header will be stored in one table and BOM item (Components) will be stored in other table. In case if BOM component is changed, then we are loading the new component to IBP due to that in IBP we are seeing both old and new BOM components.

Can you please let me know the possibility to delete the old components before loading the new component.

Thanks,

Nagaraju.

View Entire Topic
robvid
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Irmhild

Its the behavior different if the 'Replace' is made using CI-DS than if it is using the "Data Integration Job" app?

Forgive me for asking when you clearly indicated the behavior. It is only that in SAP Help one document is very specific while the other leaves me with the doubt when it says it deletes the table and replace it with the file

When I read in the document Batch Command ‘REPLACE’ - SAP Cloud Integration Guide it says

<<‘REPLACE’ (deletes all entries, and replaces them with the selected ones)

If a task is executed in ‘REPLACE’ mode, all data of the target table is deleted and replaced with the selected data. This does not lead to the intended behavior in the following cases:>>

While in the document Replacing Master Data - Data Integration Jobs is very good detailing

<<The following rules apply:

• Any data that is in your file but not yet in the system is inserted.

• Any data that is in your file and also in the system is updated.

• Any data (master and related transaction or key figure data) that exists in the system but is not in your file is deleted. Any dependent data is also deleted from all versions that share the same master data (for example, if a customer is deleted, all of the key figures for that customer are also deleted).>>

We are having a similar problem with the Location Source when in SAP the Special Procurement Key is changed. The old sourcing record is kept and the one is inserted.

Thanks in advance for your help

Roberto

robvid
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm probably missreading something but SAP makes it more confusing

2435700 - IBP: Understanding Replace and Delete command

<<Replace:

It first deletes the entire data and then does an insert again using the data from the file in Web-UI or data coming from source in HCI.

For example:

Let’s say, I load KF data at PERPRODCUST using Web-UI.
Using delete mode will delete all the combination present in the file from the system at PERPRODCUST for the specific planning area for which the data is uploaded.
Using replace mode will first set the value to NULL for the entire data from the system at PERPRODCUST for the specific KF for the planning area for which the data is uploaded. Then it will do a upsert of the available combination in the file at PERPRODCUST for the specific KF for the planning area for which the data is uploaded.
In case of MDT upload however, it will first delete the entire data from MDT and insert back the records being uploaded>>