cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install npm packages in SAP Web IDE Full Stack for MDK application

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm working on an MDK application in the Web IDE where users scan barcodes sequentially, generating a TXT file. Currently, I've successfully implemented sequential barcode reading and file generation, with the file being downloaded to the user's device.

However, I've hit a roadblock – the Web IDE lacks command-line access, making it challenging to integrate npm libraries for more advanced features. In this context, a user has requested alternative approaches to the file handling, such as sending the file via email or uploading it to a cloud drive. These methods seem more user-friendly and aligned with their needs.

I understand that in SAP Business Application Studio, adding libraries is simpler, and personalized builds can be achieved. Unfortunately, this functionality isn't available in the Neo environment, where the MDK application is being developed.

Given these constraints, I'm seeking guidance on potential workarounds or alternative methods to achieve the user's request. How can I integrate email or cloud drive functionalities into the MDK application within the Web IDE environment? Are there any creative solutions or insights that the community can offer?

Thank you in advance for your valuable assistance,

Cristian

View Entire Topic
bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

For the MDK Mobile Client you would specify the npm or nativescript packages as part of the MDKProject.json in your .mdkproject folder. This is used then when creating your branded client and will pull in those additional packages to the resulting client. Once included in the client you can then reference them from your MDK metadata in WebIDE (or BAS) for use at runtime. You will need to define them as external references when deploying so the bundler knows it can ignore the missing references.

There is no need to install to WebIDE or BAS since the functionality is used at runtime on the Mobile Client.