Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOTMMS: Settings not loaded

Andreas_Kramer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I enabled the IoT services on a NEO environemnt and tried to open the IoT MMS to configure my messages and devices.

However, one the site opens, I received a message "settings could not be loaded" and 6 further error messages on the bottom left corner (e.g. message type not loaded, data type not loaded...).

I found the following two solutions in the FAQ:

Why does the Internet of Things service cockpit display error messages telling me that entities cannot be loaded?

• Cause: Your role assignment of RDMS is wrong or missing.
  • Cause: Your trust settings are wrong.
  • Solution: SAP Cloud Platform cockpit > select your account > select Trust in the left menu. The option Principal Propagation must be Enabled.

However, the trust settings are fine and Principal Propaagation is enables.

Furthermore, I am assigned to mentioned roles under "iotcockpit" and "iotrdms".

Do you have any further idea, how to fix this?

Kind regards,

Andreas

View Entire Topic
anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

another spot to check is the "rdms" HTTP destination for "iotcockpit" application.

In your SAP Cloud Platform Cockpit > Applications > Subscriptions > iotcockpit > Destinations > rdms

Check if yours is called "rdms" is of type "HTTP", its URL end with "../com.sap.iotservices.dms/api", proxy type is set to "Internet" and Authentication is "ApptoAppSSO", additional property "TrustAll" is set to true.

Thanks,

Anton

Andreas_Kramer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

thanks a lot for this advice.

I checked the values and everything is correct.

Just one simpel question: I've not subscribed to any database yet and do not have a proper database schema set-up.
Might this be the reason, aAlthough it was never mentioned in any tutorials?

Kind regards,

Andreas

anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

To do a more deep analysis, I would need your account ID (to check in remote logs). I also saw an internal tickets from you today, so could you pls confirm that you are using an account where IoT service has been activated recently (via customer ticket) or you are playing on a Trial landscape?

Regarding your second question, the answer is "no". You have issues in the IoT Cockpit (connecting to IoT RDMS). DB binding will be necessary for the IoT MMS component (which you deploy to your consumer account / that is where your devices are sending data to).

Regards,

Anton

P.S. Since you are a paid customer, it would be easier, that you open incident from BCP system rather than use Community. It is than more convenient to exchange account specific info / details etc. Also you get faster response time. Just a suggestion.

Andreas_Kramer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Anton,

thanks a lot for your help.

I opened an incident (149896) as proposed.

However, I didn't catch your comment with regards to the database.

So I don't Need a HANA instance, when configuring the IoT MMS Cockpit, since the IoT RDMS has it's own database?

Kind regards,

Andreas

anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

- you still need to have a DB (in your "consumer" account) in order to bind your IoT MMS. This DB holds your processing services configuration, device messages. You own this data.

- IoT RDMS (tenant DB in the "provider" account) holds your data model centrally. Data model is message type, device type, device (structures).

Regards,

Anton