cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to fill Universe Query Prompts via action script?

bob_zenker3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a query that has a beginning and ending date range that I've setup with prompts.  I would like to fill these prompts with action script based on a cleaner popup window that I will present to the user.  Is this possible?  I've checked to see if prompts get mapped as global variables automatically but they don't seem to.

Maybe there is a better way to do this but it seems to me that setFilter only handles = and inlist operations not ranges or inequalities so I was trying to fill the prompt which does support those operations.

Thanks,

Bob

View Entire Topic
Former Member

Hi Bob,

that works out of the box me. UNX Query Specification:

When you use setVariableValue you will see the list of prompts from the query specification:

APPLICATION.setVariableValue("psYearFrom", DROPDOWN_1.getSelectedValue());

APPLICATION.setVariableValue("psYearTo", DROPDOWN_2.getSelectedValue());

Application unsing dropdowns filling prompts from the UNX Query Specification:

Best regards,

Victor

bob_zenker3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I see it now...

I think it was the PS in front of the variable names, I was typing a few letters of the prompt and not seeing anything.  Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Just one addition, you can use setFilterExt in place of setFilter if you would like to use inequalities or range selections.

Regards,

JaakkoK
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi,

this looks promising thread but what is done after variable set i.e. what to use to refresh the query with new prompt values?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.