cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is offline mobile apps achievable with SAP Build Apps?

Ger
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Is it possible to create offline mobile apps with SAP Build Apps at present or planned for?

Our team is responsible for creating demo solutions for customers and events so offline possibilities would be an advantage both for us to create and for us to show citizen development as a demo if required.

I did come across this very informative posting by dengi7 in November 2022. I guess just as SAP Build was being released but it seems to be progressing at pace so was wondering if anything has changed, is planned for the future or already available.

First look into SAP Build & SAP Build Apps – QA

How can we compare SAP Build Apps with SAP Mobile Services Mobile Development Kit?

MDK is a pro-code offering, while SAP Build Apps is a no-code citizen dev tool. Both can be used to develop mobile Android and iOS applications. MDK supports offline scenarios.

Can I use offline for my OData in SAP Build Apps?

As of now offline is not supported with SAP Build Apps.

Thanks for any assistance with this.

Ger

View Entire Topic
liardo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ger,

as of today, there are no plans on extending the offline capabilities of SAP Build Apps - both answers you provided are therefore still valid.

Best,

Laura

GoranKovacic
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Are there maybe already any updates or changes to it - does Build Apps already have any offline capabilities?

Thank you and best regards, 
Goran