cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way the end user can view what access has been assigned to them?

MelvinButton
Explorer

Is there a way the end user can view what access has been assigned to them?

We have 300 odd users using the planning module in SAC and we do restrictions via a role and team assignments on dimension level, managed through team assignments on DAC (Data Access Control) – story access is managed via folder access and business users needs a view what access is assigned to them that they can request access to areas may this be a team or folder. Without this information 1st line support gets overwhelmed with user queries and for access trouble shooting. How do you guys manage this in production

Regards, Mel Button

View Entire Topic
N1kh1l
Active Contributor

mbutton

There is a standard content which can be used to see this information. You would need to change the access assignment to show information for only the logged in user: (self service)

https://blogs.sap.com/2023/07/21/sap-analytics-cloud-role-based-security-for-sac-content-models/

You can use the Analytical application shown below. You can find it under SAC Content folder.

Alternatively, you could build something from scratch as explained below.

Create a story and use the below API's to get the information. You can store these in Script variables and tie them along with Dynamic texts in story to showcase these as information panel. For Roles it will return an array which you have to loop to read as you might be assigned more than one role

var userinfo=Application.getUserInfo();
var teaminfo=Application.getTeamsInfo();
var roleinfo=Application.getRolesInfo();
var str="";
console.log( "User Information");
console.log(userinfo);
console.log(teaminfo);
console.log(roleinfo);

//Assigning to script variable to display in Dynamic Text
UserId=userinfo.id;
UserName=userinfo.displayName;
for(var i=0;i<roleinfo.length;i++)
	{
Roles=str +","+roleinfo[i];

}

Create Script variables

Story Output: Display user information of the logged in user

Hope this helps !!

Nikhil

JefB
Active Contributor

For your alternative using the new scripting solution, please be aware of SAP note 3342410 - The GeTeamsInfo API is not working for users that have not read access on Teams

Basically you need assign role with Team Read access (to all teams!) just to retrieve current team(s) the user belongs to.

Should be a bug in my opinion...

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jefbaey

Thanks for pointing this out. I did not try the teams part and just hoped it would work on same lines. But definitely looks like a bug.

Nikhil