cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to speed up working with adaptation projects in BAS?

prwork1
Explorer
0 Kudos

I find BAS in general to be both excellent to work with and very responsive. However, when working with adaptation projects, it is almost unusable. The two pain points are:

1. Visual Editor (Command Palette: Adaptation Project: Open SAPUI5 Visual Editor)
  2. Preview (Command Palette: Adaptation Project: Open Preview)

Even the smallest change often requires reloading the first (> 120 seconds) and always requires refreshing the second (> 120 seconds). It is difficult when debugging to have to wait minutes to see the impact of each line of code you change.

Is there anything that can be done to speed this up?

View Entire Topic
hristotsolev
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

>120 seconds of loading time is definitely not really usable and means there is some kind of problem - normal loading times should be much much lower than that. So your case really needs investigating, can you please submit that as a ticket, with more information - which system are you using, which base application, etc. The component is CA-UI5-FL-ADP-BAS. We will be glad to further dig into the problem and find out the reason (and try to fix it of course).

Regards,

Hristo

prwork1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Will do, thanks for the answer Hristo.

prwork1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hristo,

I just wanted to thank you and whoever was responsible for handling the incident I raised. I have a lot of adaptation project work starting from this week and it's super responsive now.

Cheers,

Peter

hristotsolev
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I will pass the thanks and we are all glad that the fix solved the situation for you.

Regards,

Hristo