cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an API for maintaining Decisions in SAP Build Process Automation?

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Build Process Automation currently provides an API to invoke Decisions, which enables a Decision to be consumed from an application, such as a CAP or UI5 application. 

I would like to know if an API is available to maintain Decisions?  The use case is to allow business users to maintain the business rule entries in a Decision Table from a custom Fiori/UI5 app to provide a purpose-built user experience rather than exposing the SAP Build Process Automation Cloud Studio Decision Builder UI directly to business users.

I thought I saw this as an upcoming feature on the SBPA Road Map but its seems to have dropped off.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated. 

View Entire Topic
Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello @MustafaBensan , 

Rule authoring APIs for newly created Decisions in BPA is not yet available. However if you have business rules migrated from WFM to BPA then you can use Legacy APIs for author and manage your rules. We will soon be releasing RuleBuilder SAPUI5 control, using which you can create your own custom application and embed this control to manage your rules. 

Hope that helps,
Archana

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @Archana,

Thanks for your feedback. A couple of questions:

1) The RuleBuilder SAPUI5 control already exists. How will the one you mention be different?

2) Even with the RuleBuilder control, we would still need an API to manage rules, for example to retrieve a list of rules that would be displayed in a List Report for a user to select and then edit in a detail page that contains the RuleBuilder control. Will a rule authoring API for newly created Decisions be made available as well?

Regards,
Mustafa.