cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any official SAP Documentation about RAP Facades?

DiegoValdivia
Participant

Hi,

· While reading document “Extend SAP S/4HANA in the cloud and on premise with ABAP based extensions”( https://www.sap.com/documents/2022/10/52e0cd9b-497e-0010-bca6-c68f7e60039b.html), I saw that, on page 21, it’s mentioned that we developers must substitute BAPIs with RAP Facades.

Based on this, could you confirm if there’s some official SAP document about RAP Facades? I mean, some document where SAP explains their function and most of all, how to use them in the real world to substitute BAPIs.

I've gone through the most recent posts about RESTful Application Programming Model, as well as posts about Embedded Steampunk, but haven't found any detailed documentation about RAP Facades.

Thanks.

Marissa
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days.

You can unaccept it anytime if you have further questions.

TamasFodor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

We helped you to accept the best answer from May 25th, since there were no updates after few days. You can unaccept it anytime if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Tamas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CarineTchoutouo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Diego,

Released SAP RAP BO Interfaces are referred to as RAP Façades. Similar to the facade of a building, they represent the exterior of the given application. Released RAP BO Interfaces provide stable local API-based access to the RAP-based SAP applications.

For more information, see Business Object Interface Consumption in the RAP Development Guide: https://help.sap.com/docs/btp/sap-abap-restful-application-programming-model/business-object-interfa...

Kind regards,
Carine

DiegoValdivia
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Carine. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

You can check this blog and search for relevant blogs:

https://blogs.sap.com/2021/11/17/faq-for-sap-teched-session-dt106-extend-sap-s4hana-on-stack-with-ra...

Best Regards,
Owen

DiegoValdivia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

Thank you for your answer.

I've just reviewed the post, unfortunately it doesn't provide any information about RAP Facades.

I viewed the TechEd video "Extend SAP S/4HANA on Stack with the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model (RAP)". It shows some small example about using a RAP Facade to create a Sales Order, but it doesn't go any further.

I'm looking for some documentation where SAP explains for example: Which BAPIs where replaced by RAP Facades? Does RAP Facades perform the same validations as BAPIs? Do they return error messages for inconsistent data same as BAPIs? Does RAP Facades can be enhanced to include custom logic same as we do with BAPIs + BADis? I mean, there are a lot of implications.

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

carine.tchoutouodjomo

ravenclaw
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there anything made available by SAP on RAP Facades now? Please share if available.

carine.tchoutouodjomo

owen.liu

CarineTchoutouo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Tanmoy,

please check my reply to Diego.

Kind regards,
Carine

ravenclaw
Participant

Thank you Carine.