cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue completing SAP integration suite beginner tutorial

snavajan
Explorer

Hi experts

I'm currently trying to complete one of the SAP Integration Suite beginner tutorials (https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/cp-starter-isuite-api-management.html)

I've completed the previous tutorial which was to create a trial integration flow along with endpoints. I followed all the steps without any errors.

However when trying to progress to expose the integration flow endpoint as an API (the tutorial linked above) I am getting the following error when selecting to Execute the POST operation with a sample payload as per the instructions:

404 Not Found: Requested route ('6618d6eftrial.it-cpitrial03-rt.cfapps.ap21.hana.ondemand.com') does not exist.

The tutorial indicates that the error should be a code 401 relating to authentication but I think I have a problem with the endpoint somehow.

TIA

Cheers

Shankar

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi snavajan,

Do you see any issues after you deployed the iflow? What do you see on the monitoring view of your integration suite cockpit in terms of deployed flows? Do you see an endpoint to your iflow?

Most likely you have the wrong end-point for your iflow.

Furthermore, you might need to create an instance of the integration flow with plan 'api' so you are able to get the service key's client id and secret in order to use them for authentication to your iflow's end-point.

Best regards,
Ivan

snavajan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comment, Ivan.

I can see an endpoint to my deployed flow:

I am using this for the part of the tutorial relating to exposing the endpoint as an API.

For the trial account, I do have a client ID, client secret and token URL from the service key.

Thanks

Best regards

Shankar

snavajan
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried deleting the trial account and re-creating it so I can re-attempt the tutorial. I'm now getting a different issue whereby I don't see the same number of menu items in the Integration Suite screen:

As I'm missing the "API" link under Design, I am unable to complete the 2nd tutorial.

I've followed every step in the tutorial precisely and I feel like I cannot even get past some basic starting points that should work. We are a new SAP customer kicking off the implementation project with our SI and I'm getting a feel for how good this platform really is.....

SachinDhingra
Explorer
0 Kudos

There is an issue with API setup. Please follow this video tutorial to setup API Management.

https://youtu.be/kMD6IPa3xlA

Regards,

Sachin Dhingra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kahyaogluvolkan
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. I can call the iFlow directly from postman. But the api proxy host is unreachable.

snavajan
Explorer

I ended up using a colleague's BTP trial account instead and I was able to complete the tutorial steps.

I still don't know what is causing my BTP trial account configuration to not work correctly.

Sriprasadsbhat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shankar,

First part chexk whether you have provisioned SAP API management or not .Once you so that check whether APIPortal related role collections are assigned to your user or not.

To furter dig deeper into issue could you please paste role collections which you have assigned to your user please.

Regards,

Sriprasad Shivaram Bhat

snavajan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Sriprasad.

I have followed the steps in https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/cp-starter-integration-cpi-design-iflow.html

I have assigned Manage API capabilities to the Integration Suite.

Here's the role collections assigned to my user:

Cheers