cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in rendering SAP GUI for HTML on IOS device

amitcruz
Participant

Hello SAP experts,

We have configured tiles on Fiori launchpad to access SAP GUI transactions. We are able to render the same from Windows desktop as well as Fiori client on Android. Unfortunately, we are facing an issue in rendering SAP GUI for HTML on IOS Device ( IOS 12.2 ) - IPAD as well as iPhone. We are able to see the first screen of the transaction on IOS but buttons on the transaction are not at all visible. Please refer to the image for the same. Inbound delivery input field is completely missing in IOS device.

We are on SAP BASIS 750 0010 SP.

Do we have any limitations of ITS ( SAP Internet Transaction Server ) on IOS? Kindly help us.

Regards,
Amit

VL33N transaction on Windows desktop machine :

VL33N transaction on Safari browser on IPAD:

View Entire Topic
cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Amit,

The support for touch devices like iPad/iPhone is available as of certain releases. You can see the actual release in SAP note 2658822 (as of SAP_BASIS 7.54, with kernel 7.77).

The feature was downported to lower releases (7.51, 7.52 and 7.53), per SAP Note 2792965.

The SAP NetWeaver 7.50 platform (with SAP_BASIS 7.50) is not supported.

For the supported releases, the SAP Belize or SAP Quartz themes are required.

Regards,

Cris

amitcruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Cristiano,

Thanks for quick response. Does it mean buttons won't render properly on IOS device via SAP GUI for HTML if the backend ECC system is on SAP BASIS 750 ?

Regards,

Amit

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Yes, it won't work. The minimum release is 7.51, with kernel 7.53 - per the SAP Note I pointed in my reply.

For release 7.50 the only alternative I can think of is through SAP Personas 3.0, using the Slipstream Engine.

Regards,

Cris

amitcruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Cris,

I have further checked note 2792965 and it is applicable for Android as well as IPAD but in our case, SAP GUI for HTML is working perfectly fine on Android devices - mobile as well as tablet. SAP Transactions are rendering fine on Android devices even though the backend is on SAP BASIS 750 only. Why is it not working on IOS?

Theme on FLP is custom based on SAP Belize only.

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Amit,

It is not working in IOS because it is not supported. If it is working for Android, it is not intended. There are no known plans to have this supported in release 7.50.

Regards,

Cris