cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JRE 7.25 incompatible with PI Tools

0 Kudos

Hi.

After deploying SP07 patches for messaging, af, esr, guilib and tools components in a PI 7.31 double-stack landscape, I verified some system functions.

Java asked to be updated to version 7u25.

When I tried to run Enterprise Services Builder and Integration Builder from the tools directory en error showed up with the following message: LAZY_CLASSLOADING_FAILED  CHECK_LOG.

I think new JRE version 7u25 is incompatible with ESB and IB, but it may be also that tools delivered in SP07 have some issue.

After downgrading Java to JRE 7u21, ESB and IB executed correctly.

Feel free to post feedback if anyone of you have more information about this.

Thanks.

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to launch both programs after configuring java to show the consol.  In WinXP go to contol pannel->Java->"Advanced" tab->check "Show console" under the Java console section. Win7 is control pannel->programs->java->...etc...

If you close the console before the program finishes launching, the program will not open.  However, it appears the program will function normally if you close the console window after the program has completed launching.  You may also keep the console open if you prefer. Going back into Java settings and reconfiguring to "hide console" will break the program again, even after a successful launch with the console enabled.  I have confirmed this to work in both XP and Win7.

We're running PI 7.3 SP8

-Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter and Naas,

I just tried it on a secondary machine (installed the 1.7.0_25 JDK including the updated Applet-/WebStart-Plugin, which contains an own JRE instance) and can confirm: Showing the Java Console really does help on OS X, too.

Though I really can't understand, why on earth the visibility of the console can affect the application behavior, this solution enables me to install the latest Java Fixes and still use SAP webstart Apps.

tomas_wiedermann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Tested on Windows 7 x64 with 1.7.0_25 JDK x64 and its working.

Thanks!