cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting PDF Generation to Specific Documents in Print Preferences

jun_dolor
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm trying to set up my Print Preferences in SAP, specifically in the General tab where there's an option to 'Generate PDF When Printing.' I want this feature to only apply to certain types of documents, like Incoming Payments. Can someone guide me on how to limit the PDF generation to specific documents, so that when I print an Incoming Payment, it generates a PDF with the layout selected for the print, but this doesn't happen for other types of documents? Thanks in advance for any help!

View Entire Topic
hdolenec
Contributor

This checkbox only enables you to automatically create a PDF copy of a document that is being printed (basically, when you click Print, the document is printed and PDF is created), it does not allow you to create PDF for each created document. I think what you need is a checkbox on Per Document tab, you can select Export To PDF for each document type and that will create a PDF copy of each document you create of that type.

jun_dolor
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi, we're able to use the checkbox on the Per Document tab to generate PDFs when a specific AR Invoice is posted. What we would want is to be able to generate a PDF when a payment print is made. I guess we'll just check on the Service Layer is there's a request for this. Thanks