Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirroring synchronous response in SAP PI

former_member195202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am working on a synchronous scenario where sender is SOAP. I wish to have a dummy receiver channel which does nothing and returns the payload as it is - basically it mirrors out the payload. What can be the best way to do so ?

I am doing something at the sender channel while returning the SOAP response back, so receiver channel is working as a dummy here.

former_member195202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sorry for replying late on this. But I found a workaround for this problem. I used a custom adapter module (similar to GetPayloadValueBean, RemovePayloadValueBean and PutPayloadValueBean) and passed the source payload (as CDATA) in a additional field in the xml structure. I preserved the value of this field as a node value via GetPayloadValueBean. In the receiver channel I have called PI logout link which returns a small HTML text. In that HTML text, I inserted the preserved value via PutPayloadValueBean and then finally I got that preserved CDATA (basically the payload I had saved) back into the mapping.

Thanks All for the response and ideas.

View Entire Topic
former_member190293
Active Contributor

Hi Ravi!

In your case you can use approach with "trancated" sync-async adapter bridge. In sender adapter use RequestOneWayBean and WaitResponseBean. In receiver SOAP adapter remove default module and add NotifyResponseBean. Don't forget to set CorrelationId as required by NotifyResponseBean.

Regards, Evgeniy.

former_member195202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeniy,

I am checking this. Will get back.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Didnt Eve suggestion work ? i see its really an interesting answer.

Br,

Manoj

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can find a more step by step approach to the suggestion from Evgeniy here: https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Step+by+step+guide+on+Sync+Async+Bridge+without+BPM

Cheers

Chris