cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Operation in Enterprise Web Service

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have an existing customer Enterprise Web Service that was generated from a function group. The web service originally had four operations based on four function modules: #1, #2, #3 and #4.

In the Service Definition Editor in SAPgui, I added operation #5 to the service by right-clicking the service name in the Internal View and External View tabs and choosing Add Operation in each tab. This successfully added operation #5 to the service definition. I can see its artifacts in the updated WSDL.

Testing the new operation in SoapUI however, we get an error. According to SRT_ELOG, it's a binding error. I notice in SoapUI that the new operation has no action assigned.

And when I open the service in SOAMANAGER, I see the operation #5 is not present. Only operations #1, #2, #3 and #4 are present. There is no way that I see to add the missing operation.

I tried deactivating the reactivating the service in both SOAMANAGER and in SICF, but the missing operation #5 didn't appear. I've googled SAP.com for a solution but haven't found it. Looking for suggestions.

Cheers,
Amy King

View Entire Topic
wjanes
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am surprised that there is no other solution than to delete the service and create it again.

Is there really no program or transaction that updates the service definition or at least the operations?