Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Factor Authentication on Workflow Approval/Rejection

Samik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement on putting multi-factor authentication on Workflow Approval/Rejection by Approver in SAP My Inbox, i.e., Whenever a user approves/rejects any transaction via SAP My Inbox then automatically pop up shall appear asking them to enter an OTP received either by mail/sms before confirming their choice. Currently the business is using Docusign for the 1st approval then attaching the document to PO and the workflow approval happens again, so the business wants to get rid of Docusign and totally depend on SAP Workflow approval for all the transaction and for this they want to make sure the approver is the only one who is taking action by introducing this multi-factor authentication.

I tried to search for this requirement all over SAP blogs but could not find anything related to this requirement, I am really looking forward for any suggestions, ideas or ways to implement it. If not, I would be glad if anyone can provide a alternative solution for this.

Thankyou in Advance.

View Entire Topic
Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Samik,

MFA can be enabled at SAP BTP account level when a trust is established between SAP BTP and your user management system. Once this happens then a user will need MFA to login to any BTP application like My Inbox. So, a approver logs into the My Inbox with MFA and then approves / rejects the task. Isin't the sufficient?

Regards,
Archana