Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple SAP login Handle from Cloud Factory

indranilbiswas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Through my BOT, I am logging into SAP with a Hard coded User ID and PWD with below code :

SAPLogon750.pSAP.edUser.set('KAGITAPU');

SAPLogon750.pSAP.oPassword.set('Kris_325', true);

Now from cloud factory if I want to login to same SAP system for 2 different set of ID/PWD ( connected to 2 different machine ), how to handle i.e how can we put/parameterised different ID/PWD for sap logon ?

Regards

Indranil

View Entire Topic
rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indranil,

One option could be to maintain the user id and password along with system details in an excel at a specific folder path.

1. Create a variable in environment and store folder path there.

2. Then for each machine, in the folder created at the path maintained in the variable environment path create an excel.

3. Your bot will read the folder path from environment variable and open the folder in user system. Read excel and use the system details + credentials from excel.

Best Regards,

Rohit

Jerome
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From a security perspective, you MUST NOT store your credentials in an Excel file.

Regards,

J.

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

I had previously used a few pre-built bots from SAP store and in a couple of them, based on the documentation we had to store credentials in excel in local system (Create Business Partner - BAPI comes to mind).

I did think of the solution for creating multiple environments with each being dedicated to a single machine/user id, however if a scenario needs more than 2 such environments (scaling for more users), wouldn't maintenance and orchestration involve more manual work that we are trying to automate?

Another solution that comes to mind is a pop-up prompt which asks users to input credentials each time the bot is executed.

Thinking on the above three solutions and given SAP store also contains such examples, I recommended the first approach.

Could you please share your thoughts on the above.

Best Regards,

Rohit

indranilbiswas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Storing credentials in excel in local machine can't be take up here because of Security concerns. Customer's won't agreeing to that.

Also pop-up prompt which asks users to input credentials each time the bot is executed, is not acceptable as it is not making the Bot fully automated. It adds manual steps in between then.

I liked the idea of adding variable credentials in cloud factory though.

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indranil,

I did think of another way which is according to me best of the two things mentioned above.

Credentials are maintained in Cloud Factory account in a single environment for each user with variable name being something like: cred_<DesktopAgentuserId>.

In the code, there can be a logic written, where the desktop agent user id which is triggering the bot, is read at runtime. Based on that the appropriate credential variable in environment is read to find the login credentials to SAP system.

This way we are using only 1 environment and all credentials are stored in specific credential variables.

Do let me know your thoughts on the above.

Best Regards,

Rohit