Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multitenancy option for SAP CAP and SAPUI5 Apps

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a solution where we have created a SAP CAP project in which we have defined entities and created Odata services for those entities. Also, we have added some S4HC API as well as external service in the CAP Project.

Along with this, we have created a separate MTA project (using managed approuter) containing HTML5 modules (freestyle custom Fiori app) which consumes Odata services provided by CAP project thru destination maintained in BTP cockpit. And we use SAP portal service on CF to show these apps on launchpad as tiles.

Now we have received the requirement that we need to enable multi-tenancy for this solution.

I read the following guide on how to enable multitenancy in SAP CAP: https://cap.cloud.sap/docs/guides/multitenancy

which explains how for each tenant a new HDI container will be created to provide the data isolation b/w the tenants.

I want to understand what changes do we need to make in custom Fiori apps to make it work with the multitenant CAP project so that the Fiori app only fetches data for the approprioate tenant only.

Please advise.

Regards,

Arjun

View Entire Topic
mariusobert
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'd suggest that you use the standalone approuter for now as the managed approuter does not yet support MTX apps..

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Thanks for your response.

I have coupe of follow up questions:

1) As per your post, portal / launchpad can't be used in multi tenant mode. In our fiori apps, we are invoking SAP Cloud workflows and users are accessing their tasks thru My Inbox added on portal site. So, if launchpad can't work in multi tenant mode, how can we access the WF tasks?

2) We are also using object store in our Fiori app to store files. We created a rest service for the object store and we call it from our Fiori app. In multi-tenant mode, will it work as there is just 1 container that gets created with the object store.

Please advise.

Regards,

Arjun

mariusobert
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

1. I'd haven't used WF but I guess you need to use the standalone approuter here

2. I would say that depends on your implementation. You might be able to add logic in the "onSubscription" endpoint to create an container per tenant.

KM11
Participant
0 Kudos