cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.5 installation HELP!!!

0 Kudos

help.png

I keep on having this issue even though I have downloaded the files and pointed the path in the right direction.

Not sure if I'm having a compatibility issue since I can't find the specified folder and my NW750 seems to be missing the files EXP1,EXP2 and EXP 3

View Entire Topic
Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor

Hi Oscar,

First, I've changed the tags slightly on your question to better reflect the topic. Installation issues generally fall under "Software Logistics - System Provisioning."

The error you're seeing indicates that you probably have not downloaded and provided all the required DVD images (they're not really DVDs anymore, but they're packaged as if they are, in self-extracting multi-part files). The specific ones you require depend upon your operating system and database platform, and they will have different "material numbers" based on that.

If you navigate to https://support.sap.com/en/my-support/software-downloads.html and select Installations and Upgrades and follow the link, then select your product (SAP ERP in your case, and then SAP ERP Enhancement Pack 8, presumably, since you're installing on NetWeaver 7.5), you'll eventually get to a list of downloadable packages. They'll probably default to Linux and HANA, but if that's not your OS/DB combination, you may need to change that in the drop-down selection boxes.

You also should use the Maintenance Planner to plan the installation, and that should then give you links for everything you need to download.

What is your OS/DB platform, and which DVD material numbers are you working with?

Cheers,
Matt Fraser
SAP Community Moderator

0 Kudos

ecc.png

Those are some of the DVD material numbers I'm using

Thanks for your help Matt, really need it!

My OS is windows server 2008 running on a virtual machine. I have previously followed the link and proceeded to download everything for Microsoft

0 Kudos

maint.png

Trying again with Maintenance Planner thanks for your help

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor

ozzyv42,

Which DBMS are you using? In any case, it looks like you indeed don't have the NetWeaver downloads, only the EhP8 ones. You need both.

You need the "SAP ERP 6.0 EHP8 Installation Export" downloads (should be 4 of them), the "SAP ERP 6.0 EHP8 Language" downloads (a total of 6 of them), the "NW 7.5 Installation Export" download (1), and the "NW 7.5 Language" downloads (2 of them).

To find these, from "SAP Application Components -> SAP ERP -> SAP ERP Enhance Package -> EhP8 for SAP ERP 6.0" you then need to drill down into both "Installation and Upgrade" and "SAP NetWeaver 7.5 -> Installation and Upgrade."

Then Maintenance Planner will additionally give you all the Support Packages to bring it up to the latest Stack, plus the SWPM (for installation) and SUM (for update) tools.

FYI, if you want to trigger a notification to someone who posts an answer, you have to do so as a "comment" (or reply) directly on their answer. I didn't receive any notification you had responded. I just happened to notice it.

Cheers,
Matt

0 Kudos

matt.fraser Thanks for your help Matt 🙂