cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.5 installation HELP!!!

0 Kudos

help.png

I keep on having this issue even though I have downloaded the files and pointed the path in the right direction.

Not sure if I'm having a compatibility issue since I can't find the specified folder and my NW750 seems to be missing the files EXP1,EXP2 and EXP 3

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

image-from-ios.png

Hey matt.fraser sorry to bother you again, I'm stuck here once again. I have downloaded all the files from the maintenance planer, netweaver 7.5 and ehp8. I have also found the file SAPinst is asking me for but no matter how I input the path it keeps on telling me the file is missing.

I have checked for compatibility issues but I have the newest available software for windows 64 bit

LaxmiM
Participant

Hello Oscar,

Could you please share which DB you are working with and a screenshot of the downloaded dumps.

Regards,

Laxmi Maurya

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Converted your response as it is not a new answer, but a reply to Laxmi's comment under your previous Answer.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor

Oscar,

My organization is not licensed for Oracle, and therefore I do not see the Oracle versions of the software for download. So, I cannot confirm the validity of the DVD material numbers from your screenshots, nor tell you what they should be. However, you mentioned that you downloaded ASE versions of the NetWeaver DVDs, and I'm pretty sure that will not work with Oracle. That's probably why you are getting a "not found" error in SWPM, as it will be looking for Oracle-specific versions of some of those DVDs.

If you are not seeing Oracle versions for download, then you should check your software license contract, as perhaps you are not licensed for Oracle. You need to download the software for the database for which you are licensed. If you are licensed for Oracle (from SAP), and you still don't see Oracle versions of NetWeaver, then you'll need to check with your SAP account representative to correct that. Possibly you might be able to fix it via submitting a Customer Incident.

If you check in the Installation Guide, you will find instructions on which DVDs you require and how to go about making them available to SWPM: https://help.sap.com/viewer/23fb4d5eb15b421fa17e60f444b4b0da/CURRENT_VERSION/en-US/14039faf9fbd43429....

When I'm installing a new NetWeaver ABAP system, I generally create a \Source folder on a large drive that is not the target installation drive (i.e., perhaps the drive that will hold database backups). Then, under that I create a structure as follows:

\Kernel
\NW_ABAP_Export
\NW_ABAP_Language

You would have others for the ERP EhP8 application as well (Export and Language). Under the \Kernel folder, I put the extracted contents of the SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR archives. Under \Export, combined into the \DATA_UNITS subfolder, are the \EXP1, \EXP2, and \EXP3 folders (and LABELIDX.ASC). Similarly the various language folders under \Language\DATA_UNITS.

The Maintenance Planner should have directed you to all the required and correct downloads. I think you have some extras in there that you don't really require, but that doesn't hurt, it just consumes space.

Make sure you check out Notes 2172935, 2396282, 1914631, and 2133079 for installation information specific to Oracle.

Cheers,
Matt