cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number maximum navigational attributes on InfoCube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Somebody knows, what is the maximum the navigational attributes that I can to have on InfoCube?

I´m doing a development where I have 250 navegational attributes on InfoCube, but I´ll need more navigational attributes so I want to know if is necessary create other infocube or I can continue using the same InfoCube.

Can somebody help me, please?

Regards!

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure about the maximum no. of navigation attributes..

I would like to suggest you to revisit your design as having 250 navigation attributes and trying add more is definitely not a good design and will have performance issues while reporting..

i think in your case you should model your design by adding characteristics and use read from master data or routines to populate data in cube instead of going for navigation attributes.

have a look at this link for more details: Performance of Navigation Attributes in Queries and Value Help - Modeling - SAP Library

Regards,

Rk

nvytla
Participant
0 Kudos

I agree with RK.

You should be able to add more than 250 navigational attributes in a cube but better to add them as characteristics to improve report performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answers, I forgot to say that the model is on BW HANA, the InfoCube is optimized and we have several querys where we select characteristics different for the each report. Actually the performance is good, we don´t have any problem, but I have this doubt.

Thanks and Regards!