cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-page SEO for SAPPUI5 apps (hosted on HCP)?

danreg
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

following situation:

we have an SAPUI5 app already productive and hosted on HCP. The use case here is: It's not about a real Fiori app which fetches data from a backend or suchlike, it's just a "simple" content and information consumption UI (in an SAPUI5 framework with no backend connection, no fetching of data etc.; app is self-contained).

And, of course, we want that content to be found on search engines like Google etc. It is indeed found. But the ranking could be better...

Is there a way/chance for "decent" on-page SEO (ignoring various off-page SEO strategies for now)? Please advice. My thoughts and ideas so far:

• Only the index.html is potentially indexed (meaning various xml views do not play a role at all), right? The thing is that the index.html does not contain content. What options are there?
  • Tilte, meta description and keywords are maintained
  • What about sitemaps?
  • Since h1 tags and suchlike do play a role, would it make sense to "simulate" content like this in the index.html: having h1 tags and basically hide them with classes like sapUiHideOnDesktop sapUiHideOnTablet sapUiHideOnPhone? 

Please share your thoughts and ideas.

Thanks and regards

View Entire Topic
Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm currently investigating the same.

I think the best results could be achieved using Sitemaps which point to an _escaped_fragment_ URL with static HTML (using the correct H1, meta description, etc)

The actual static HTML (when accessed by a user coming from a google search) should redirect to the dynamic domainname/#/path URL

I haven't tested this thoroughly, but I'll update one I have some results

You may try the Fetch as Google webmaster tool to see how your pages are seen by Google

danreg
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Robin for sharing your ideas. I'll also investigate in that direction you mentioned. At least, I have the feeling that it is not impossible to boost the ranking, Good news!