cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Delivery API S4HC - Create Delivery and transmit header fields value in the same time

AymericDony
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a question with the API Outbound Delivery (A2X) (v2):

https://api.sap.com/api/API_OUTBOUND_DELIVERY_SRV_0002/overview

In this API, we can create an outbound delivery in reference to a Sales Order. We would like also to send, in the same POST request, fields with custom value on delivery header level such as “DeliveryDocumentBySupplier”. But it seems that those fields are not available in the POST method…

Indeed, when we configure the Odata connector in Integration Suite, we can see that delivery header fields are not available for the the “POST” request (they disappear from the selection screen).

It seems that you have to proceed in two steps :

• 1 => Create the outbound delivery with Sales Order ref :

• 2 => Update the created delivery in order to modify your custom data on header fields :

However, in the API Business Hub description, I can not find anything about this constraint...

My questions are :

• Is that really the only way to go with this API ?
  • Why can’t we just transmit values of header fields in "POST" request directly ? (Certainly because the outbound delivery creation follows several logic routines inside SAP).

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards.

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello adony.

How are you? I have excluded the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud" and included the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility" for this question, as APIs are Objects related to Extensibility.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

TamasFodor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days. You can unaccept it anytime if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Tamas

View Entire Topic
Giulio_Grandine
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This might happen because the extensibility of this API is limited to the scenarios listed below:

Handling Unit (HANDLINGUNIT)
Shipping: Delivery (LE_SHP_DELIVERY)
Shipping: Delivery Item (LE_SHP_DELIVERYITEM)

Unfortunately I am not sure your custom fields fit the business context of these scenarios.

AymericDony
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fields presented in my request are only standard field. Not custom fields.