cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Map not loading after service metadata update , Error while updating schemas ..

Rakesh_Kr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am facing issue while loading page map after updating the service metadata using "service manager / manage service models" option in application info. I am using Business Application Studio and trying to work with custom Fiori Elements app.

The page map works fine, if I clone old version and run. However after updating metadata its not working and error message points to some @ux specification file Title as undefined. (please refer to image below).

We have checked the service annotation, and it is fine and the changes are reflected in the FLP app in s4hana. I want to make some changes using pagemap to the app and it's not loading at all.

Already tried updating ux specification, nodejs, ui5 versions, but still same. Please suggest.

Christoph_G
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Rakesh, quick update, the crash is fixed internally, and if everything works as planned will go out with the next release mid of January. Best regards, Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_schreck
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh Kumar,
The root cause seems to be an invalid annotation definition in your model, com.sap.vocabularies.UI.v1.DataPoint#MfgOrderConfirmedYieldQty.

Please check this annotation, it seems to hold an invalid or missing reference. Of course this should not lead to an exception, the error situation is not caught correctly. We will provide an enhancement to our error handling, but in the meantime, you may be able to solve the erroneous annotation.

Rakesh_Kr
Participant
0 Kudos

stefan.schreck Thanks! for the answer. We'll check this one.

Regarding error handling part, yes I find it hard to figure out exact error when dealing with pagemap. The messages/comments can be more specific.

Rakesh_Kr
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks! it's working now with your solution

stefan_schreck
Participant

Enhanced error handling of the schema generation will be shipped with the next version(s) of https://www.npmjs.com/package/@sap/ux-specification

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Christoph_G
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Rakesh, PO of Application Modeler here, the error indicates a problem on schema generation on behalf of the project and service with the new metadata. It could be a problem with the metadata or a problem on our side.

Can you please check that you run the latest version of SAP Fiori tools App Modeler extension (if on VSCode, on BAS you automatically have the latest), and of the specification module. The version of the spec module you can check via the info page (palette command: "Fiori: Open Application Info", or use the right-click option on the folder of your project in explorer view to open it). If you see a message under "Status" that there is a new version, please upgrade via the provided link. It should prompt with a reload request, which you should approve. Then try again.

If this still gives you an error, we need to look into your project if possible. On the info page you will find a tile "Create Archive", and then make the zip available to us via mail at sapfiorielements@sap.com

Best regards,
Christoph

Rakesh_Kr
Participant
0 Kudos

christoph.gollmick thanks! for the response, however I have already tried all these steps and troubleshooting. The issue still persists.Also we can't see any error on the metadata end. I have sent the archive to the group as mentioned.