cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issue in RAP

rahulpippalla
Participant

Hello everyone,

I'm using RAP framework for my business processing.

We have a requirement where mass saving needs to be done.

We were able to reduce the DB actions so far but RAP framework itself is taking time to process the data.

There are over 5000 records which needs to be updated . These records are been send to backend using batch calls from UI.

2021-04-05-18-07-03-eclipse-workspace.png

Is there any alternative to process mass data in RAP Framework.

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul Pippalla

smuhsb
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you find any solution to this? I am facing a similar issue as well.

rahulpippalla
Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately no

atoshio
Explorer
0 Kudos

good luck.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

volkerdrees
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

RAP itself is able to process calls in a mass-enabled way. For this all operations in the OData call have to be contained in a single change-set. As the transactional consistency is ensured, all operations are either committed entirely - or rolled back in case a single instance fails.

Have you checked that all 5000 updates are reaching the Behavior Implementation as a whole?

The overall processing time appears to be quite high. Are you calling complex business logic inside your RAP implementation?

Best Regards,
Volker

rahulpippalla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

We have implemented the application using unmanaged scenario .

Using batch call all the data is been sent to backend and yes 5000 updates are reaching Behavior implementation at once.

its able to handle but the thing is the time taken is more before it reaches the Behavior implementation.

There is complex logic but i don't thing that's an issue here.

I think the issue is with preparation of %CIDs and other parameters (%control..etc) to the record before the complete data is been sent to the Behavior implementation. That were much of the time is been taken for parsing of the data.

Regards,

Rahul.

volkerdrees
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Rahul,

in this case I'd propose that you raise an incident on component BC-ESI-ESF-BSA with an executable example so that the framework teams can have a look.

Best Regards,
Volker

ShailajaAinala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Volker Drees,

Nice to see your message. RAP is a great architecture, all thanks.

Regards,

Shailaja.