Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodic data calculation from BPC cube(YTD) used in SAC model

manoj_bpc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to create  periodic report based on Live connection on a SAC Model which is based on BPC cube and its measure is YTD.

Since Measure is YTD , Is there any workaround to display data in Periodic Format in SAC.

In BPC , we can easily select measures(YTD, Periodic, QTD)etc.., but in SAC how to get/achieve similar kind of feature.

Note :- In my report i will be displaying only P&L related data, not Balance sheet data.

Please help!

Thanks

Manoj

manoj_bpc
Explorer
0 Kudos
Any One please share your input !!
View Entire Topic
machbrown2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

I am not expert but i surely try to help you out. According to my knowledge here are shorter versions of the approaches:

1. Time Dimension Manipulation: Adjust the time dimension in SAC to aggregate YTD data into monthly or quarterly periods.

2. Custom Calculations: Use SAC's custom calculations to derive periodic values from the YTD measures, like calculating monthly differences.

3. Model Enhancements: Enhance the SAC model to include separate measures for monthly or quarterly totals alongside the existing YTD measure.

4. Data Transformation: Transform YTD data into periodic formats during the data import process before loading it into SAC.

5. Report-Level Calculations: Perform calculations directly in SAC reports to manipulate YTD data into a periodic format.Happy Day !