Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission for BEx Query in Eclipse out of SAP BW

sven_oehme
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question about permissions 4HANA for BEx. I have been working for years in the area of BI authorizations BW transactional/ analysis. Accordingly, I would like to continue using existing permissions in the new releases. Unfortunately, it is the case that the old QD can only be used as a viewer and the customers who create the queries have recently had to use the Eclipse application (HANA Studio). Unfortunately, my narrow permissions on S_RS_COMP and S_RS_COMP1 apparently can not be used anymore. Of course, I also traced the whole thing (SU53) and added various objects without really succeeding. I've also searched the web before, but mostly find only native HANA content and nothing to original BEx accesses from Eclipse out.

As you can see. The permissions I've configured, let the user log in and navigate. But there are no single provider or query down there.

After tracing I've added objects liek S_ADMI_FCD, S_ADT_RES and S_DEVELOP

Can someone tell me which objects I need to explicitly integrate within a BW role to gain access to a query via Eclipse (along the data model)?

Thx in advance

Sven

View Entire Topic
sven_oehme
Participant

The answer sounds simple. We had the problem that you could log on but down below the InfoAreas was nothing to see. This was clearly recognizable by the fact that not a single InfoProvider was to be found on navigation. Funnily, you could find and open Queries and InfoProviders about the search. This could be solved by deleting the BW buffer memory using transaction "RSOSM". Thereupon all objects could be displayed successfully.

Grtz Sven