cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas Script Editor Issue - "Cannot edit in read-only Editor"

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I go to the Personas Script Editor (via Script > Edit); all existing scripts now has the slash pencil icon (i.e. NOT editable). When I select and attempt to edit the individual script , it will give me a message saying ""Cannot edit in read-only Editor". Anybody has a clue what happened?

Here's a little more background of what I have done to verify so far

a) We just recently upgrade to SP15 (from SP12) - This script is from one my older Flavors in my Sandbox system

b) No security issues - (I have NO issue adding a new script for the given flavor; and edit it)

b) Health Check > Clear cache & Clear Memory does nothing

c) ORIG_SYST_CHECK_OFF = X (The script was created in DEV; xported to PRD; and then copy to the SBX)

bwills
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just a guess, but did you migrate your flavors from SP12 to SP15?

Brian

View Entire Topic
Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Case close . User error .. Basically, I thought I'm editing the Scripts for my Main Flavor. Turn out, my main flavor was recently renamed; so I was actually editing Main Flavor Scripts from a sub-flavor (i.e. Adaptive flavor).

Kind of a weird, as I recall in the prev (or prev releases) .. If I don't select the right flavor, the Scrips Editor will only display blank screen.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Ah, that makes sense. While child flavors can use the parent flavor's scripts, it is not possible to change them while editing the child flavor. You can only edit scripts belonging to the child flavor.