cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Check CMS Connection ,information make sure CMS is Up and running and try again

zalpuri85
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We are building a new DS Server with following combination:

IPS 4.2 SP8 Patch 1

and When we trying to install SAP DS SP14 and trying to pass the information of the IPS node hosted on the same server as shown above it is giving me the above error

Now My question is as below:

1. Is this is a Issue related to IPS+ DS Compatibility because what we have installed IPS 4.2 SP8 Patch1 (Its from SAP Downloads-->Installation & Packages). But when you check the Compatibility matrix from below sap note it says IPS 4.2 SP8 is compatible with DS 4.2 SP14

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/1740516

2. On Software and Downloads (Full builds) we don't have IPS 4.2 SP8 (Base Install ). We have that in Software Downloads-->Patches and Upgrade , but their we have one installer and we have to run Setup.exe and provide a License key for IPS which we don't have for IPS.

3. For IPS we are using InstallIPS.exe executable which has a embedded License key and is only Present in Software Downloads--> Full Install which has IPS 4.2 SP08 Patch1.

We are stuck now at a dead end and have tried almost everything.

Thanks in advance

Sumeet

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Did you resolve this issue? We are trying to upgrade from DS 4.2 SP8 to DS 4.3 SP2 and we can't get past the first login screen that connects to the CMS. We see the same error that the OP did. This is on Windows Server 2012 R2.

We have rebooted the server, rebooted SIA and Tomcat. The install is running as administrator, and the user that is logged into the O/S is the owner of the existing software. The install, CMS and DS are all on the same O/S. The CMS repository is on Oracle 19c but I don't think the database comes into play here. We tried using the (default) hostname, host name plus domain name and the IP address.

The password used in the install is the same password that is getting us into the CMS just fine.

UPDATE: We switched to the base IPS 4.3 install (SP00) and it was able to connect just fine. After installing SP00 we immediately installed SP2, which worked fine. We're up and running after getting SAP support to generate an IPS license key for us. As near as I can tell, the 4.3 SP2 install doesn't understand how to talk to the older 4.2 version. The same SP2 install was able to connect to a 14.2.13 system.