Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting to ABAP on-premise system - ERR_TLS_CERT_ALTNAME_INVALID

lucian_a_patrutu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

After installing the VS extensions I try to create a new project using the Template Wizard but during Data Source configuration step I cannot connect to the ABAP on-prem system.

The returned error is A connection error occurred, please ensure the target host is available on the network: "http code: ERR_TLS_CERT_ALTNAME_INVALID"

I also tried adding the SAP system in the Fiori Tools but while testing the connection it returns error:

Hostname/IP does not match certificate's altnames: Host: <removed>. is not in the cert's altnames: DNS:<removed>

I am able to run deployed apps from browser and also we can test them using customMiddleware.

At this moment the workaround is to generate the app in WebIDE, download the zip and then add it to VS code. There I am adding the package.json and ui5.yaml files and can test the app.

But I would like to be able to generate the app directly from VS Code.

Thanks for any inputs!

Regards,

Lucian

View Entire Topic
lucian_a_patrutu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ian, thanks for your answer.

I tried this step already, but indeed the certificate is not valid.

There is no possibility to configure the generator with a setting like useStrictSSL: false?

Meanwhile, will try to get a valid certificate and in case it works will mark the answer, thanks again.

Regards,

Lucian

0 Kudos

Hi luchee,

Did you get the solution for this?. I'm also facing the same issue.

Regards, Linga.

lucian_a_patrutu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Linga,

Unfortunately not, I believe the answer from Ian is the correct one but could not get the valid certificates from the project yet.

Regards,

Lucian