Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning to Java system not working

Henrik1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have hooked up a java portal to our IdM system, and I can read in the data no problem.

I can also provision users to the system, and all is good.

The problem is, as soon as I try to provision any roles or groups, nothing happens. And I mean nothing! No entries in the job log, no errors.

If I change data on the user, such as name or email, it gets provisioned through as expected.

Provisioning to ABAP systems works as intended...

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

Cheers,

Henrik

On version 7.2 SP6

View Entire Topic
Henrik1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry for the inactivity here - Was waiting for the change to LDAP based UME for the portal.

Unfortunately that did nothing for me, and my ability to provision roles.

@Tero: Yes, the the provisioning task is set to inherited

@Jack: Role assignments are done in UME, rather than LDAP - at least I can do it manually in the UME, so I should be able to do it from IdM.

I have even tried changing the system user in IdM to my own account, just to make sure it wasn't any strange permission issues - same result

@Steffi: Standard provisioning framework, and the hook tasks are set up as you say.

Still, nothing shows up in the provisioning queue, and the task for assigning roles to java user is not even triggered. In spite of this, the status of the assignment is "OK" when I look at the user, so IdM obviously think that all is good.

Really strange one...

0 Kudos

Hi Henrik,

Did you configure and run the Delta loads for JAVA Server by any chance? .

Regards,

Karthik

Henrik1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Yes, both initial load, and subsequent delta loads works fine... I can read fine from java - just can't provision...

It's not permissions, as I can do it manually - or at least, I assume that's the case...

0 Kudos

Hi Henrik,

Please note that for the delta load write jobs, need to edit them to change from -1 to {D}. If this is not done then the provisioning actions will not be triggered

Just check if you have done this.

Regards,

Karthik

Henrik1
Participant
0 Kudos

Was not set like that.

I have changed it now - but not sure how that relates to the actual provisioning.

But - That being said, the data is flowing now! I can now provision roles

thank you very much!

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your provisioning tasks (add task and validate add task) were set to "none" in the screen shot, by the delta or incomplete run of initial load. That's why provisioning was disabled.

regards, Tero