Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push data from On-Premise to ABAP CP

former_member557751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

which options do we have to push data from an On-Premise system (S4, Business Suite) to ABAP Cloud Platform?

I know it is possible to pull data from On-Premise to ABAP CP like described in this blog

https://blogs.sap.com/2019/02/28/how-to-call-a-remote-function-module-in-your-on-premise-sap-system-...

I also noticed that there are quite a lot of extra tools and systems available, like Cloud Platform Integration, Enterprise Messaging, Business Hub and some more, but they all add an extra system layer, which seems to be an overkill for me in some simple use cases.

I am looking for something which is ideally event based, e.g. an event 'Document posted' is triggered and than the posted data is pushed to ABAP CP. Any ideas?

Tapio

View Entire Topic
geert-janklaps
Active Contributor

Hi,

One of the things I like to do is use SAP NetWeaver gateway notifications for this use case. The only thing you have to do is create a microservice on SAP CP Cloud Foundry (this can be ABAP, Nodejs, ... ) which accepts data from the notifications and create a subscription to your odata service.

But once you’re going to do more complex things I would for sure go for e.g. CPI or Enterprise Messaging.

Best regards,

Geert-Jan Klaps

former_member557751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Geert-Jan,

thank you, I will check this. I will leave the question open for the moment. Maybe there are some other possibilities.

Best regards, Tapio

geert-janklaps
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tapio,

Another scenario I used once, which is maybe even easier to implement, was using ABAP Daemons (only available as of S/4HANA 1809 if I'm not mistaking).

The principle I used was a daemon which received a message (e.g. at save of a sales order in a user-exit), once the message was received it was forwarded (and enriched with other data) to a webservice on SAP Cloud Platform asynchronously from the actual process.

A guide to setup an ABAP daemon can be found here: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/abap-connectivity-daemon-simple.html

Best regards,

Geert-Jan Klaps