cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAP - Page size overrun: Query implementation of 'ZI_ZVOML_CUST' returned too many records

shareef_shaik
Explorer

Hello Experts,

When I execute Fiori App which is based on CDS custom Entity( data fetching through FM) is giving below error. Could you please help me how we can over come this issue. i have tried pagination but its limiting to 25 records on screen but unable to load further data.

I am unable to display all records in fiori preview while testing. i haven't created Fiori App.

Your help would be apricated.

Runtime Error(ST22):

The application has indicated exception "CX_SADL_DUMP_APPL_MODEL_ERROR" as the reason for the termination:
Processing was aborted because of an application modeling error: See previous in exception chain.

The exception is related to the previous exception
"CX_RAP_QUERY_PAGE_SIZE_OVERRUN" that occurred in program "CL_RAP_ABQI_ADAPTER===========CP", in line 320 of include "CL_RAP_ABQI_ADAPTER===========CCIMP".

The reason for this exception was:
Page size overrun: Query implementation of 'ZI_ZVOML_CUST' returned too many records

andre.fischer

former_member776480
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Masthan,

I am also facing same error. Did you find any solution for this.

View Entire Topic
Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

As shown here you would have to retrieve the $top and $skip values provided by the UI.
teched2020-DEV268/README.md at main SAP-samples/teched2020-DEV268 (github.com)

and you have to tell the framework how many records there are and how many have been returned.

DATA(top)     = io_request->get_paging( )->get_page_size( ).
 DATA(skip)    = io_request->get_paging( )->get_offset( ).
 io_response->set_total_number_of_records( lines( business_data ) ).
 io_response->set_data( business_data ).

0 Kudos

Hello andre.fischer

How the top & skip helps to retrieve the entire records? In my scenario, the top value is 20 & the total lines of records is 101. How do we make sure to display all the records in the front end application.

I am getting the same error Page Size Overrun : Query Implementation returns too many records.

Thanks & Regards,

Siji Thomas

ThorstenHoefer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to restrict your query with

up to n rows offset x

SELECT - UP TO, OFFSET - ABAP-Schlüsselwortdokumentation (sap.com)

rcaziraghi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm doing what Andre pointed out previously and I've also set the top on the request:

IF top > 0 .
read_list_request->set_top( top ).
ENDIF.

read_list_request->set_skip( skip ).

However, I'm still having issues. It seems that the top does nothing (I'm inserting 20 rows in top and still get more) and because of that I still get an error.

Any ideas?

Rafael