cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations and approach for Business users to access Data Builder Objects in SAP Datasphere

avinash_eppar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I would like to learn about the recommended approach for business users to access data builder objects for their use, while ensuring that they do not directly able to see the objects from data builder section. i.e. concern is because we don't have space level security option there in Datapshere yet.

Kindly help .

TIA,

Avinash

View Entire Topic
SebastianBiela
Explorer

Hi Avinash,

if you want the business users to just be able to use the data builder objects in SAC, you should do the following:

• Provide the role "DW Consumer" to the business users. This ensures that the users can not log in to Datasphere but only see the exposed objects in SAC.
  • Expose only the relevant Analytical Datasets for consumption or use the new Analytic Model. When using the Analytic Model, no view has to be exposed for consumption. This ensures that the users in SAC can only see the views/models that are ready for consumption and no drafts or other sensitive data is available.

Hope this helps in your current case. However, you should consider to use different spaces for the layers of your data warehouse. This way, you can implement more sophisticated governance concepts. Also, it is possible to grant business users access to Datasphere with a modeler role without exposing every data builder object to them. This way, business users can actively engage in modelling tasks in Datasphere.

Best

Sebastian

avinash_eppar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Sebastian,

Thanks for your reply.

If I provide the modeler role to business user in Datasphere then he is also able to check into data builder section along with . business builder which I don't want business user to see the data builder objects instead he can only use them into business builder.

How ? - "it is possible to grant business users access to Datasphere with a modeler role without exposing every data builder object to them. This way, business users can actively engage in modelling tasks in Datasphere."