Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing Oauth token automatically in Mail Sender Adapter for Office365

xavisanse
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

As you know with the changes in Azure avoiding to grant access to some APIs for their services using BasicAuth, SAP PO/PI had to add the feature to allow oauth authentication for mail adapter.

I haven't had big problems to do it in various instalations, but the issue, the BIG ISSUE, is caching the token. Everytime that the services are restarted, for example a test server that is on cloud and has a start/stop daily scheduling or the token expires, someone has to connect to the url with o365 credentials and do the magic.

I reviewed the notes several times looking for anything that maybe I skipped but what I just found is that: https://me.sap.com/notes/3021526

- Once the refresh token gets expired then, please execute the standard URL(used for fetching new refresh/access token) again with required credentials.

Every few weeks customers has to do it, again and again and again how we can deal with it? I missed some configuration?

TimVDB92
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier, any news about this? We are facing the same issues. Kr, Tim

View Entire Topic
xavisanse
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar, sorry for my delay in your answer, i was on holidays during your answer and checked on phone 🙂 seems that this note is for the call to check the token thru proxy.

But, seems that in SP28 they will be implementing a new way to deal with it as shown in Release Notes NW7.5 SP28

SAP OSS Note 3321222 The mail adapter now uses a new URL for generating refresh tokens for OAuth authentication.