cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Excel file size issue while attaching it with email from ABAP

Hi Guys

I am sending an excel file as a mail attachment using background scheduled program in ABAP. This is working fine .

After I downloaded the excel file from the mail (Fileone.XLSX ) its size is 10 MB ,I Just open this file and copying the full data and pasting it in a new excel sheet separately and saving it as excel in local folder( Filetwo.XLSX) the size of the excel file is very less ( app 150 KB ) when I compare with the fileone .

Why this is happening? How can I avoid this size issue ?

Please suggest .Thanks in advance .

LaurensDeprost
Contributor

The cause of the excessive file size will be in the code of the background program. Can you share the piece of code where the Excel/attachment is created?

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Hope this is image is clear to you..

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

Sometimes I saw excel file with empty lines recorded (yes there is a difference between the empty for free lines & the empty of recorded lines) create a huge file.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

People often confuse the file extension (.xlsx) and the format inside the file (for .xlsx it should be Office Open XML). I guess your .xlsx file actually doesn't contain Office Open XML format.

abo
Active Contributor

srividyawd58 when posting code samples, it is preferable to edit the question and paste the code, using the "code" button to ensure it will be formatted properly.

Back on topic, you could perhaps explore abap2xlsx to generate XLSX without getting bogged down in the specifics; if you want, there is a blog post showing exactly your scenario, sending a file via email, and you should be able to test it fairly quickly, to determine if it solves your filesize issue.

Thanks Andrea Borgia for the valuable reply.

I will correct the issue while posting code.

Will try the blog you have mentioned it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)