Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

related to stop MSA replication

suznCB
Participant
0 Kudos

Dears,

we have a warm standby replication between db1 (primary) and db2 (standby) and a MSA replication between WS logical connection and db3(standby in far way), every thing was fine, and the data synchronization is fine, suddenly the replication MSA has stopped (no data updates in db3) we found the following message in the log of replication server:

E. 2023/08/11 10:00:52 ERROR #8025 RSI USER(REP) - eneric\gtr\mdroute.c(758)
Database 124 is unknown.
E. 2023/08/11 10:00:52. ERROR #32045 RSI USER(REP) - de\generic\nrm\nrm.c(2086)
Invalid object id for table or function 'tbl1'.
E. 2023/08/11 10:00:52. ERROR #8035 RSI USER(REP) - \generic\gtr\mdext.c(3448)
An MD message could not be converted into ASCII form.

kindly note the table tbl1 was defined and up to last date before the issue at 10:00:52

database 124 is refer to db3 in rssd

the three databases' engine ( db1,db2 and db3) are sybase ASE

is this issue related to connection between replication server and db3, if is it, why after resuming connection to db3, no thing back to flow to db3 and to solve the issue we need to re-sync the database from scratch(drop subscription and create a new one then send new dump to db3)

Mark_A_Parsons
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not familiar with these error messages but from the first error message ... mdroute.c ... I'm guessing there's a route from the repserver that manages the logical (db1/db2) database and the repserver that manages db3, yes?

What, if any, changes were made to the replication system prior to these error messages? repserver/connection/route configuration changes? objects added to replication? changes to function strings and/or classes? any software upgrades or dataserver/repserver migrations?

It's not clear (to me) the current status of replication ... status of logical database/connection; status of routes; status of threads (up? down? what happens when a DSI is resumed?); status of stable devices (eg, are any queues growing in size?)

Quickest resolution will likely come from opening a tech support case.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)