cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict some IP (BTP data center IP) for Outbound Call from SAP Integration Suite

amysh95
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is the 2nd time I have encountered the same problem where receiving party is saying that they can whitelist up-to 6 IPs only. We are having SAP Integration Suite as middle ware where some data is being send from SAP to Receiving party via API/SFTP.

I have asked the same to SAP but as per them it is not possible to restrict IPs for outbound connection. Some time receiving party adjust and whitelist all the IPs but in case of they simply denied and we don't have any solution.

For the solution I have come across where as per the SAP note we can minimize the IP via cloud connector but not able to find how to do that. Can someone guide on this topic.

reference screenshot from SAP note : 3209308 

amysh95_0-1712032558860.png

Thanks,

Aman Sharma

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
That is in reference to connecting to your own network for on-prem, not the network of a third party.
View Entire Topic
RobertQ
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Aman,

you can enter the receiving party API/SFTP address as a cloud to on-prem connection on your cloud connector. Then you can use this connection in your Iflows like any other cloud to on-prem connection.

By doing that the request is send from the CPI to the cloud connector and from there to the receiving party.

This can be a solution for your issue, if the cloud connector use a static IP or connects via a proxy, that has a static IP address, to the internet. Only in this case you can share this IP address with your receiver and they can whitelist it.

best regards

Robert Quindt