cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting access to a measure

diego_oliveira4
Participant
0 Kudos

How can I restrict some users' access to some measures with sensitive information in my analytical model?

diego_oliveira4
Participant
0 Kudos

Using a consumption model in Bussiness Builder does not solve the problem because when creating a model all users who are assigned to that space will have access to the sensitive content, if the sensitive content is removed the key users will not have access either.

Using DACs also doesn't solve the problem, as I don't want to restrict access to a specific dimension, but to an entire column (measure).

To try to better exemplify the scenario, I am developing a model for a human resources (HR) team, user "X" must have access to the measure "salary" of all employees in the company, but user "Y" must have access to all other model information minus the "salary" measure. Even if I create a separate view for each user, they are in the same space, it wouldn't stop user "Y" from creating a new story and viewing data from user X's view.

This is a feature that is available to anyone using HANA/Calc.Views in WebIDE/BAS: https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_HANA_PLATFORM/e8e6c8142e60469bb401de5fdb6f7c00/c93b644f889d437cbfe05cc...

View Entire Topic
raikamalsaha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

SAP Datasphere offers to manage data permissions via Data Access Controls. This controls who can see which data content. This blog post might be helpful SAP Datasphere – Data Access Controls on hierarchy nodes | SAP Blogs