cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving dynamic parameters in BTP App across different Sub-Accounts [ Cloud Transport Manager ]

smarchesini
Active Contributor

Hello,

I'm aware it's considered bad practice, but I've hard-coded a string client in my SAPUI5/Workflow application's code.
Up until now, everything has been functioning well because I've deployed three different Git branches, each corresponding to a distinct subaccount (Dev, Quality, Prod).

However, with our current efforts to implement the Cloud Transport Manager, maintaining different code versions across BTP environments might not be feasible.

My questions are:

• If I add a parameter (such as sap-client or custom parameter) in the destination, is there a way for me to retrieve this parameter in my code?
  • Are there any configurations available to dynamically adjust my JavaScript code based on the deployed sub-account?

Thank you,
Sebastiano

View Entire Topic
Harald_Stevens
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You might also look into the option to provide MTA extension descriptors when deploying your MTA. These extension descriptors can be target node specific. See the documentation: https://help.sap.com/docs/cloud-transport-management/sap-cloud-transport-management/upload-mta-exten...

However, if I understood your approach correctly you would rather require to deploy a different MTA (built from the respective branches) to the different target environments. This is not possible with Cloud Transport Management.