cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPA "start application" building block throws timeout despite website beeing successfully launched.

alex_erlacher
Explorer

Dear Community,

whenever successfully launching a captured website, the automation times out at the "Start Application" step after 30 seconds.
The browser starts and successfully loads the desired website, still it throws a timeout.

Simple POC goal:
1. Launch browser with URL `https://www.sap.com/uk/index.html`.
2. Wait on Screen "SAP UK and Ireland" being loaded.
3. Wait on Button (Element) "Get started today".
4. Click on Button "Get started today".

Thanks in advance for any tips/hints/references!

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor

Hi Alexander,

When you test your application in tester (without running your automation), does it get recognized?

Best Regards,

Rohit

alex_erlacher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello rohit.singhal,

thanks for the hint! Yes and no:
In my case, the RPA browser extension was only installed in Chrome, however the default browser of the OS is Edge, thus the automation always launched Edge instead of Chrome.
Using the Screen-Tester I realized what was going on when switching between the two browsers:

Is there a way to define in the "Start Application" block which browser to use?
I once saw a block called "Start Web Page" which is able to do so, however I am not able to find it:

Thank you for the hint!

Best Regards
Alexander

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor

Hi Alexander,

Happy to help.

You can use: Start Application activity like below:

Provide the navigator and other parameters in the parameter, where you can use enumerated value to define the default browser in which your application should open.

Do let me know in case of any concerns.

Best Regards,

Rohit

alex_erlacher
Explorer

Hello Rohit,

for some reason defining the expression `irpa_core.enums.navigator.Chrome` in the "Start Application" block does not have any impact and Edge will still be launched instead.

However I found this documentation, indicating that SDK version 1.15 and above needs first the block "Set Navigator" (in which we can choose the desired Browser), followed by the "Start Application" block.

It finally works now!

Also for the sake of completeness:
I was able to find the block "Start Web Page", which can be used as an alternative.
It did not show up when searching for it, because the filter "Contextual filtering" was set:

Thanks again for your help!

Best Regards
Alexander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)