cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run RPA on specific agent via API trigger

Hi,

I have created an API trigger for my automation in the cloud factory. I can also execute this on my local machine via postman (for the moment there is only one agent). In the future, there will be more than one agent in this group and I always want to run the automation on the notebook which triggered the API. This brings me to my question: Is it possible to pass a variable or something similar on which machine the agent should run when more than one agent (on different machines) is in the ready status? Because in the next steps I will connect it to the SAP CAI and from there the automation should be triggered on the local agent of the requester.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Dominik

View Entire Topic
Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

do_meyer

You can use Agent attributes for your requirement.

0 Kudos

Hi chaitanyapriya.puvvada,

I set up the attributes for the agent and the API trigger:

So now I want to call the API trigger and I pass over the "Name" in the body of the request for the "invocationContext". For example when I pass there for the key "Name" the value "Dominik" this ensures that the Job is executed for the agent which matches the attribute Name = "Dominik". Is this correct? If not, where can I pass the "Name" attribute to ensure that the right agent executes the job? Because when I pass a different name in the request the agent with the matching attribute should execute the job.

Thanks!

Best regards

Dominik

carina0101
Participant

Hi Chaitanya

I want to do the same that Dominik,

Is it possible call the API trigger and it pass over attribute name to ensures that the Job is executed in the agent which matches the attribute Name?

Best, Carina.-

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You need to add the agent attribute to your automation as well.

Go to settings of your project and add the agent attributes which you have created in the tenant.

carina0101
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya

Thank a lot for your help!

I did it, but the job is executed in any free agent which matches the attributes

You see, we have a external application and created a API trigger for running automation, also have a 3 users, each one with your agent installed on your laptop.

We always want to run the automation on the laptop which triggered the API (on the local agent of the requester).

Is it possible?

Best, Carina.-