cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4HANA - ITSMobile Sound /beep not working

Hi,

I have an issue related to ITSmobile in S4HANA. Have geenrated ITSMOBILE for standard RFUI transaction and the service is working fine. But the issue which i am facing is related to beep sound/signal which is not producing at browser or at the RF device.

I have updated the service parameters, included SOUND files (copied from ITSMOBILE01) and few other steps as suggested in some of the blogs, but nothing helped.

Can anyone help on how to enable the beep sound in RF device in case of error messages? Let me know if any information is need and i am glad to share.

Thanks

JP

View Entire Topic
cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

You can try SAP Note 3013443 (ITSmobile Visual Editor: implemented the SoundInclude feature) - quite new. You will find an explanation about what is happening with the traditional BGSOUND tag used and what is now available to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Cris

0 Kudos

HI Cris,

Thanks for your reply. As you suggested , have implemented the note 3013433 but the solution mentioned is to activate the service ITSGENMOBXML which i am unable to find in SICF. While implementing the notes, other dependent notes also implemented.

Do i need to create the service manually or any report to run to get this generated? Kindly guide on this.

OSS note solution:

Please publish the ITSGENMOBXML service and re-generate templates in your service either using SIAC_REGENERATE_TEMPLATES program or from SE80.

Thanks

JP

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

You need to publish the service in SE80. It is not related to SICF.

Then you should be able to use this generator to create the templates for your service.

Regards,

Cris

HI Cris,

Thanks for the clarification, I have published the service and regenerated the templates and included the ~ITSMOBILESOUNDINCLUDE in parameter and also tried modifying the copied files ( SOUNDS) replacing <bgsound> tag with <audio> as shown below as it was mentioned the bgsound is not supported in some of the browsers.

Still i am unable to hear sound either in desktop browser or RF industrial browser.

Am i missing anything on this, can you please advice?

Thanks

JP

Hi JP,

first, I'd like to know which ITSmobile generator you are using.

Each template there must be an HTML comment like this:

<!-- Generated Template
NAME: SAPMIMOB1
SCREEN: 0200
DATE: 20110418
TIME: 160643
STYLE: MOBILE4
-->

I'm interested in the STYLE value.

Secondly, I'd like to know which Hardware RF devices you have and which OS and Browser is running there.

Thirdly, please try the attached template. It works on desktop Firefox and Chrome browsers here, I hope it would work on your device as well.

audio.txt

Just put the content of the attached file into a template in your service (for example call it AUDIO) and set the ~itsMobileSoundInclude to the value of "AUDIO".

Should this not work, please attach the HTML source code as seen on the browser to your reply, I will have a look.

Thanks!

Br,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot for the Audio file. I have loaded the file in service and now able to hear the beep sound from desktop browser as well from RF device. Really appreciate your help.

Thanks to Cris as well for suggesting the OSS note.

Awesome! Thanks for the positive feedback. I have hoped you could provide some information about the hardware/software, which would be very interesting for other folks.

Cris, I guess this asks for a special SAP KB Article to spread the best practice.

Thanks and all the best,

Alex