Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC Commenting Notifications

SvenS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

We are having an issue with our commenting system in SAC.

We are able to create comments in stories and even assign them to people. When they open the story they can see the comment, so no issues here.

The only problem our business has is that when we create a comment with the '@' tag the person tagged in the comment doesn't get a notification for this.

I found following on the internet: https://help.sap.com/viewer/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/7bd1f80d20774a4dacfdf87eb...

Here it says following:

We tried both when adding a comment we get no notification and after adding a comment with '@' we can't save the story because it didn't change and we also do not get a notification.

So creating comments works but it is not useful to our business when they have 30+ stories and have to manually check all off them everyday to check if there are new comments, because they don't get a notification.

Anyone has an idea on how to fix this or why this is?

Kind regards
Sven

SeerOfSig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

can you check and let me know what version of SAC your tenant is on?

Also, please confirm that you are adding a comment to the story and not to a data cell as I believe this notification functionality only works when adding comments to a story and not a data point.

-Peter

SvenS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello peter.kreutlein

Version is 2020.2.2

And in screenshot below you can see we add them on stories:

Kind regards
Sven

View Entire Topic
former_member195766
Active Participant

Starting 2022 Q1 QRC , Mentioning users in Story comments ( Page comments + widget comments ) would as well trigger email notifications to the notified members

dspokoinyi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi karthik.kanniyappan - do you know if this feature was diabled again? I do not get email notifications anymore 😞