cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC date less than filter

0 Kudos

Hi

I have stablished a connection to SSFF employee central via Odata (in order to get all the historical data)

Each employee has an Star_Date and End_Date for his position. I need to get the number of employees working at any selected range of dates (Start_Range_Date_Filter; End_Range_Date_Filter), so i would need to count employees filtering by their Start_Date<="End_Range_Date_Filter" and End_Date>="Start_Range_Date_Filter", and it is required that the date range filter is dynamic.

I have tried with the calculated measures/aggregation/count, but i cannot set conditions such as ">=", i have also tried defining the formula in the model, but count() function seems not to be allowed when "coding" the formula.

Thank you for your help

madhi_2308
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

I am also having same requirement, we have two dates start & end date. The user will enter the from and to values of date in filter, output should display all the value between the ranges. How to check the values between the two date ranges in SAC.

Could help me to give this condition in SAC.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

MS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Francisco,

right now the filter that you define are tied to a dimension, so the best option in your case would be to try to resolve this already in the actual data source and then have for example a prompt that would be used in SAP Analytics Cloud as "key date"

Regards

Ingo Hilgefort

0 Kudos

Hi ingo.hilgefort ,

we are facing a similar problem as mentioned by the reporter. I am unable to understand your answer. How to setup a prompt to ask for "key date"? Do there need to be two prompts, one for start data and one for end date?

Greetings,

Ruchi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Afshin,

You would use a single date as input (key date) and filter all employees where the start date is <= your key date and >= their end date.

Regards

ingo

0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

Is there any way to use a single filter to set the key date instead of a filter with start_date <= key_date and a second filter end_date >= key_date?

Thanks

Pellon

former_member6443
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Firstly, sorry to hijack the post.

This is a key requirement in HCM reporting where you have employees with a begin and end date

and you want to find the number of people as at for example a key date i.e. today that fall between their begin and end date.

An example to demonstrate that would be great.

Thanks

Afshin

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Francisco,

Start and End Date are in the same model ?

If so - is the problem the filtering or the calculations that you would like to create ?

thanks

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

0 Kudos

Hi

Both start_date and end_date are in the same model, probably the problem could not be dealt with filters, but with a calculated measure for the active employees at any specific date, as Afshin explained.

Thank you