cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Analytics cloud giving error while populating data using two different models

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have developed two different models, one for the data and the second for the hierarchy. Data gets populated when I use standard measure from Model 1 with Hierarchy from Model 2, but I face errors in two different cases.

Case 1: When using a calculated measure from model 1 with the hierarchy of model 2.

Error:

Case 2: When using two dimensions from model 2 in the single visual.

Error: It shows data corresponding to one dimension and show no value for the other dimension.

dskiendziel
Participant

So, you have the Account dimension (my assumption) in one model that has a flat hierarchy (no hierarchy) and the same Account dim in another model with a structured hierarchy?

0 Kudos

Yes, Dan, I used two models and connected them using code to a data to a heirarchy.

dskiendziel
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply. My main reason for the question was to understand why you would have the hierarchy in another model? Does the model with the hierarchy serve any other purpose than to supply the hierarchy to the other? Why wouldn’t you have the hierarchy in the same model? I know there can be problems using blended data in a chart, so i try to avoid. This does not answer your original question, just trying to understand the context better.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sowmiya_C
Active Participant
0 Kudos

mashar419,

Have you connected the Id's of the dimensions from both models?

0 Kudos

Hi Sowmiya,
Yes, I did connected the Id's, attaching ss below.

Sowmiya_C
Active Participant
0 Kudos

mashar419,

My assumption is that you have linked the dimension from both models.particularly we have to link the Id's from both the dimension to get a perfect result as shown below.

0 Kudos

Yes, I have connected them using ID. Although I am facing no issue while using hierarchy when having a standard measure, only when I am using a calculated measure then It is showing an error that I am attaching.

I have also check at all drill level, but facing same error throughout.