cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP analytics cloud-Stories-If else with Like

0 Kudos

Hi Team

I have limited access in my organisation like I can work only on stories . We dont have data model access to create or edit.

I need to create a new column on a story/ table where I was showing data :

if company_name like "*ABC*" then "new_grp_name" else company_name

Could you please help on this.

Thanks

Neha

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. I recommend that you familiarize yourself with https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers (if you haven't already), as it provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members. (For example, you can outline what steps you took to find answers (and why they weren't helpful).) The more details you provide, the more likely it is that members will be able to assist you. You should also clearly state a question.

Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit (although once someone answers your question, you'll lose the ability to edit the question).

--Jerry

0 Kudos

capture1.pngcapture.pngcapture2.png

Hi Team

I understand your suggestion and I knew it, but I don't know why this "create calculated dimension" is not available on my SAC version. Please find attached screenshot and suggest me.

Thanks

0 Kudos

I have no surrounding to ask the question related to this tool.

And if I am stuck somewhere in your tool then who is responisble to provide the solution.

The team is not proactive.

VERY DISAPPOINT

0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks for the reply.

Kindly suggest, whats wrong in this formula:

IF((LIKE([d/"BSR_MODEL":YCAMPAIGN_TXTLG].[d/"BSR_MODEL":YCAMPAIGN] ,".*XBR.*" ) ,"MULTIBRAND",[d/"BSR_MODEL":YCAMPAIGN_TXTLG].[d/"BSR_MODEL":YCAMPAIGN] )

Really appreciate.

View Entire Topic
former_member207052
Active Contributor

Hello,

Create a Calculated dimension with the below formula:

You have to specify whether you want to compare the ID or the Description of the dimension. You could use ctrl + Space to get help in the formula window.

IF(LIKE([d/"BestRunJuice_SampleModel":Sales_Manager__5w3m5d06b5].[p/Description],
        ".*W.*"),
        "Has cap W in name",
        "No cap W in Name")

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

In my SAC story I can not see the calculated dimension option under Builder Panel.capture2.pngcapture1.png

Please find attached screenshot and please suggest.

Thanks